Dental problems faced by seniors
Careful care of your teeth is always required, having learned how to care for your teeth correctly in your childhood, and then you will have a lot of trouble. However, over the years, dental problems such as dental loss, gum disease, tooth discolouration, periodontal disease are more common. Therefore, dental care should become even more important at this age.
Dry mouth - Xerostomy Xerostomy is a disease that causes dry mouth, which is caused by the impaired (decreased or faded) secretory function of salivary glands. This usually occurs in older people. The use of various medicines has a significant impact on this. It is important to note that this oral disease may be a reference to other diseases. Oral dryness often affects people with diabetes, antacid gastritis, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's. It is advisable to consult a doctor in order to find the source of the problem and remove it if you have dry mouth.
The loss of teeth One of the biggest problems among seniors is the loss of teeth. On average, 65-year-old seniors have 18.9 remaining teeth. More than 27% of seniors no longer have their own teeth. Inappropriate oral hygiene and smoking are the main factors that accelerate dental loss. It is recommended to visit a dentist as soon as possible after a tooth loss. He will make sure you feel free to continue talking, eating and, of course, smiling.
Dental Caries Dental caries is one of the most common dental diseases in the world that does not prevent older people. Caries begins to appear in the teeth when the enamel begins to diminish minerals (calcium and phosphorus). Without this disease, it can become complicated and develop into other diseases - pulpit, periodontitis. To prevent dental caries, it is necessary to clean the teeth correctly and to visit the dentist on a daily basis and perform preventive hygiene.
Gum Diseases Gum diseases, also called periodontal diseases, are a common problem faced by seniors. This disease is caused by bacteria that damage the gums. The first signs of periodontal disease are irritated, red, bleeding gums. If you notice any of these signs, you should consult a specialist, as untreated illnesses may occur in more complex, untreatable forms. In Lithuania, periodontal disease is one of the main causes of tooth loss in older age
The bad breath of the mouth It becomes more and more difficult to deal with the bad breath of the mouth in older age. However, it is important to understand that there are other problems behind this problem - diseases that cause bad breath. Xerostomy or periodontal disease may be one of the causes of bad breath. Bad oral hygiene is another factor of bad breath. Therefore, it is necessary to brush your teeth at least twice a day with a toothbrush and thread and to visit a dentist twice a year. If you have dentures, it is also important to look after them carefully. Plaque can accumulate on both teeth and dentures.
- Special offer until the 15th of August!
- Dentists Congress in Netherlands
- Rent a flat for short stay
- Oral Hygienist Sandra Čepulkauskienė: When you know, then you are not afraid
- Personal driver
- Acids in the mouth
- Hello spring
- Immediate dental implantation provides a quick and painless result.
- Under construction
- About interdental toothbrushes
- Ar jau išbandėte vieno danties šepetėlį?
- Workshop on diagnostic waxing
- Sveika ir graži šypsena – Jūsų rankose
- Special offer!
- NEMOKAMAS seminaras apie dantų atkūrimą implantais
- Sėkmės istorija: kaip Karolis Čepulkauskas įkūrė Dantų Estetiką
- Dėl kokių priežasčių atsiranda periodontitas ir kaip jo išvengti?
- Dantų protezavimas: 5 dažniausiai užduodami klausimai
- Individual mouth guards
- Kaip mityba veikia mūsų dantis?
- Patarimai tėvams, kaip išmokyti vaiką reguliariai valytis dantis
- Protiniai dantys – palikti ar šalinti?
- Implant or a bridge?
- Porcelain veneers or aesthetic filling?
- Dental problems faced by seniors
- Why children need teeth silants?
- Pasiūlymas senjorams
- Main things about teeth whitening
- Tooth imlant vs. bridge
- Daily dental care
- Fast toothtreatment during Your holidays
- Unic educational program in our clinic and laboratory
- Naujiena 123 En